Sunday, September 29, 2013

When It Rains by Lisa de Jong

I don't know where to start. Some times these stories come along that tug at you. That stay in your heart and head. This is one of those.

Bad things happen to good people everyday. It changes you. You aren't even close to the same person after. Those closest to you get hurt as well. If you hold it in, nothing ever heals. The event becomes a poison slowly killing your soul until the only thing left is just the body.

Kate Alexander was just going through the motions of life when Asher walked into her diner. Beau has been her best friend forever. They have a connection that shouldn't have been broken. But life tends to break things. Beau loves her in ways she can't give him at this time in her life. But Asher... he reaches her in a way Beau can't.


Asher brought her back from a dark, lonely place. Her taught her not to fear the rain. But not every story has the fairy tale ending.

There are lots of things I'd like to go back and change, but falling in love with Kate Alexander is not one of those things.--- Beau

 I love you. I'm truly, madly, deeply in love with you. Don't forget that there are other people around you who love you too. Don't shut them out.-- Asher

 I found my soul mate. I found my true love.Is one type of love better than the other? I don't know, but I'm lucky enough to have found them both. I'm lucky Asher opened my eyes again because if I had never met him, I probably never would have realized how much I really do love Beau.



 Love is a powerful emotion. It has the ability to get you through anything. But you have to let it  --- Kate 
 In the end, life is what you make. And I believe Kate, Beau, and Asher made the best of it.



When it rains think of me.  I look up, letting the rain hit my face and smile --- Kate

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/730650979 < the original review on GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment